This Manual was written by Dr. Williams based on his experience training officers in the Tactical Anatomy Systems™ Shooting With Xray Vision (SXRV) method. It is intended to give any law enforcement or military firearms instructor the material he needs to teach three-dimensional target visualization to his personnel. Designed to be a ‘turn-key’ package, the manual consists of a 127-page full-color printed textbook and a CD-ROM with three dynamic PowerPoint slide presentations. The Manual is broken down into 5 lesson plans, with supplementary and background material to aid the instructor in presenting the lessons to his classes.
While the original Tactical Anatomy training system was designed to be an 8-hour class that would take trainees from ground zero to full 3D visualization–and this can still be done–the Manual provides options that allow the instructor to go with a half-day (4-hr) introductory course, a full-day (8-hr) basic course, or a two day (16-hr) advanced course.
The Manual begins with Dr. Williams’ Introduction to the principles and theory of Adult Learning, and gives a strong treatment on the safety considerations the instructor must build into his lesson plans to ensure safe and effective learning.
The body of the Manual is broken down into five separate lessons:
Lesson 1, ‘Rationale’.
- Explains why traditional ‘square-range’ training is failing to prepare personnel for real-world firearms combat
- Ethics of the use of deadly force
- Realities of gunshot wounding and incapacitation
- Dynamic realities of gunfights
- How 3D target visualization is a vital aid to gunfight supremacy
Lesson 2, ‘Building an Anatomic Model’
- is a step-by-step guide–complete with 53 full-color illustrations–to guide the instructor in building a three-dimensional anatomy model in the classroom in less than an hour.
- Supported by two PowerPoint presentations on the CD-ROM for the instructor to use as his teaching resources
- This lesson gives the instructor all the information he needs to bring 3D anatomy to life in the classroom.
Lesson 3, ‘Laser Sight Exercise’
- The first step in translating 2D visualization to 3D visualization in the trainees’ mind’s eye.
- Innovative laser sighting methodology.
- Includes lesson plan, tips and techniques for the instructor.
Lesson 4, ‘Force on Force Exercises’
- Actually two lessons in one.
- Computer simulator training scenarios (FATS, MILO, etc.)
- Force-on-force / reality based training (RBT) exercises using non-lethal training ammunition (NLTA) such as SIMUNITION.
- The two components of Lesson 4 may be stacked, or taught separately as stand-alone modules.
- Depending on class size and resources available, this lesson provides instructional options to branch out into a two-day class if time and resources permit.
Lesson 5, ‘After Action Review’
- A guide to consolidating your trainees’ learning at the end of the day.
- Safety and ‘homework’ issues are hard-wired.
The manual is priced at $39.95 and is available for immediate download. It includes powerpoint files that can be used during class.