Tactical Anatomy Systems™ resources are provided in a variety of forms to suit your agency’s needs and means. Although we sell Tactical Anatomy targets, t-shirts and Instructor Manual, we strongly recommend that you have us train your firearms instructors in the use of the system first. See our TRAINING page for dates of upcoming classes, or contact us to arrange a class dedicated to your personnel.
Tactical Anatomy Instructor Manual
This Manual was written by Dr. Williams based on his experience training officers in the Tactical Anatomy Systems™ Shooting With Xray Vision method. It is intended to give any law enforcement or military firearms instructor the material he needs to teach three-dimensional target visualization to his personnel. Designed to be a ‘turn-key’ package, the manual consists of a 127-page full-color printed textbook and a CD-ROM with three dynamic PowerPoint slide presentations. The Manual is broken down into 5 lesson plans, with supplementary and background material to aid the instructor in presenting the lessons to his classes.
While the original Tactical Anatomy training system was designed to be an 8-hour class that would take trainees from ground zero to full 3D visualization–and this can still be done–the Manual provides options that allow the instructor to go with a half-day (4-hr) introductory course, a full-day (8-hr) basic course, or a two day (16-hr) advanced course.
The Manual begins with Dr. Williams’ Introduction to the principles and theory of Adult Learning, and gives a strong treatment on the safety considerations the instructor must build into his lesson plans to ensure safe and effective learning.
The body of the Manual is broken down into five separate lessons:
Lesson 1, ‘Rationale’.
- Explains why traditional ‘square-range’ training is failing to prepare personnel for real-world firearms combat
- Ethics of the use of deadly force
- Realities of gunshot wounding and incapacitation
- Dynamic realities of gunfights
- How 3D target visualization is a vital aid to gunfight supremacy
Lesson 2, ‘Building an Anatomic Model’
- is a step-by-step guide–complete with 53 full-color illustrations–to guide the instructor in building a three-dimensional anatomy model in the classroom in less than an hour.
- Supported by two PowerPoint presentations on the CD-ROM for the instructor to use as his teaching resources
- This lesson gives the instructor all the information he needs to bring 3D anatomy to life in the classroom.
Lesson 3, ‘Laser Sight Exercise’
- The first step in translating 2D visualization to 3D visualization in the trainees’ mind’s eye.
- Innovative laser sighting methodology.
- Includes lesson plan, tips and techniques for the instructor.
Lesson 4, ‘Force on Force Exercises’
- Actually two lessons in one.
- Computer simulator training scenarios (FATS, MILO, etc.)
- Force-on-force / reality based training (RBT) exercises using non-lethal training ammunition (NLTA) such as SIMUNITION.
- The two components of Lesson 4 may be stacked, or taught separately as stand-alone modules.
- Depending on class size and resources available, this lesson provides instructional options to branch out into a two-day class if time and resources permit.
Lesson 5, ‘After Action Review’
- A guide to consolidating your trainees’ learning at the end of the day.
- Safety and ‘homework’ issues are hard-wired.
The manual is priced at $59.95 plus $5.00 S&H. International orders please add Overseas Shipping to your order.
Tactical Anatomy Systems™ Training Targets
While 3D visualization is the core of the Tactical Anatomy Systems™ training philosophy, we recognize that a simpler and more economical target has its place. This is why we are introducing our paper target series. These targets are high-quality photo reproductions of an armed adversary with the vital hit zones outlined in low-contrast color. Each target set includes one each of the basic angles of presentation: frontal, left oblique, right oblique, left lateral, right lateral, and posterior.
We anticipate availability of these targets in early 2009. Keep this page bookmarked until then.
Tactical Anatomy Training T-shirts
The Tactical Anatomy t-shirt is not a target, but a training aid. These are high-quality cotton t-shirts with durable silk-screened printing. The high-contrast version, suitable for classroom use or under a covering garment on the sims range, are blue-on-natural. The low-contrast version is available in light tan printing on a natural cotton shirt but can be printed in any color combination on special order.
Standard versions of the Tactical Anatomy t-shirt are available at $15. Discounts are available for larger volume orders. Please call for pricing on orders over 50 shirts.
Tactical Anatomy HRT Target
Currently in prototype only, we are partnering with manufacturers to bring a realistic and durable HRT (head) target to meet the needs of SWAT/sniper law enforcement teams. Specifications include high ballistic tolerance (able to stand up to at least 100 rounds of .308 ball ammunition), ease of use, and instantaneous verification of each hit in the vital brainstem zone of incapacitation.
Check back on our website soon for information on availability and pricing.